Sunday, October 22, 2006

You can take your salvation and go to hell

I’m a sucker for punk-disco beats (see Controller.Controller) and forceful female vocals (also see Controller.Controller). So when the CBC Radio 3 blog posted an mp3 of Modernboys Moderngirls’ “Edge of My Blade”, I was hooked immediately and made of note of when they would be releasing their first CD.

The Edge of My Blade EP launched on October 12 and is only available at local independent record stores. I schlepped my way to Criminal Records on Queen St W last week, and when I couldn't find the CD, I asked the cashier. Turns out she had it behind the counter; she’d been just about to create an index card for it. I probably bought the only copy they had at the time. So if you like what you hear, try Soundscapes or Sonic Boom instead.

Modernboys Moderngirls website (Turn your speakers down, “Edge of My Blade” starts playing right away)
Modernboys Moderngirls on MySpace
Modernboys Moderngirls on NMC (You can stream the entire EP here)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home