Sunday, October 22, 2006

Legal music and rock & roll swag

I never got a chance to see the now-disbanded Sleater-Kinney live. The last time they came to Toronto they played the night I had to make Father’s Day dinner. And then the Ear to the Ground fest at Exhibition Place they were supposed to headline got cancelled. Sadly, it was not to be.

So when I paid for the Modernboys Moderngirls EP at the aforementioned Criminal Records, it suddenly struck me that I should check out the store for Sleater-Kinney merchandise. Criminal Records not only sells CDs, but T-shirts and other swag as well. All the mainstream rock bands that you’d expect to see on tees (e.g. AC/DC, the Stones) are represented, as well as indie stalwarts like Broken Social Scene and Elliott Smith. In the back they had Postal Service tees on sale, which should tell you how varied and current their collection is.

I found two S-K designs that I couldn’t choose between, so I bought them both. At $20 each, it was perfectly reasonable. Great place to buy presents -- especially for yourself.

Criminal Records
493 Queen St. W (west of Spadina)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home