Monday, November 13, 2006

Beautiful and terrible

I can't stop raving about My Brightest Diamond and the show at the Drake last week. If anything, I'm impressed at how strong Shara Worden and Pedestrian's performances were, despite the sparse audience. The Drake Underground is already tiny, but they rawked out as if they were playing a stadium of screaming fans.

Luckily aNewCanadian posted a few videos of the show on YouTube. Guess he must've been one of the people roaming about with cameras that night. Sadly he didn't post the bluesy solo covers she did of Nina Simone and Prince, but the sound and video quality is amazingly good for YouTube.

"Something of an End" (my favourite song on Bring Me the Workhorse):


"Freak Out" (which proves that Shara Worden can rawk):


"Golden Star" (when she hit that high note, J. and I just looked at each other in astonishment):

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home