Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May seems to be the month for concerts - much to my dismay, as I'm off on vacation soon. Laura Veirs plays the El Mo this Saturday, but sadly I've already made plans. (Why can't she be playing her native Seattle when I'm actually there?) The Slip - one of those bands I keep meaning to check out - plays the Mod Club on May 18, but I'll be out of town. Coco Rosie this Monday seems to be cancelled, and I would go see Pony Up at the Silver Dollar instead but I'm seeing the Arcade Fire the next night on the 15th.

I keep seeing banner ads for the Cliks everywhere and their natty attire and punk scowls almost make me want to check them out on the 24th, but I've just bought tickets to see Mother Mother at the Drake on the 25th. And it's a good thing I've already seen the Golden Dogs live or else I would have had a hard time choosing between them; they also play the 25th, at Lee's. Not to mention it's a really good thing that I bought tickets to Joel Plaskett's show on the 26th instead of the 25th, or else I would have really been disappointed about missing Mother Mother yet again. Oh yeah, and if I were a rabid Feist fan it would have really exacerbated the situation; like Joel, she's also booked in Toronto on the 25th and 26th.

The Bravery come to town on the 28th, and I would probably go see them if I weren't already inundated with choices. Aussie blues-folk-rockers the John Butler Trio play the Phoenix on the 30th, and I feel obliged to see them in order to compare notes with a friend.

Then we spill into June, and the Pipettes play Lee's on the 1st. CSS plays the Horseshoe on the 4th, and I'm tempted to see them again in such a small, divey, sweaty venue.

And I thought it was going to be a slow year for concerts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home