Saturday, March 17, 2007

I wanna take you to a gay bar

You know how every so often the perfect pop song comes along that encapsulates everything that's going on in your life at the moment? I remember tearing up at a Jane Siberry concert, shortly after a breakup, as she was performing "Love is Everything". All of a sudden the lyrics made more sense than they had when I was a teenager. And as a teenager, Sarah McLachlan's "Elsewhere" had such resonance with me that I can still sing you all the words today at the drop of a hat.

Well, now there's a new addition to the soundtrack of my life. It happened a couple of days ago: a guy stopped me in the street and asked if I would like to go get a drink with him at a gay bar.

So without further adieu, here is "Gay Bar" by Electric Six. Who would have known it was so true to life?

(Warning: this video contains comical footage of men in little shorts.)



(And no, I did not go with him to the gay bar. Even if I would have been a superstar.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home